When developing Windows Store applications (former “Metro Style”), these are generally the files that I don’t want Git to include in the repository:
- Thumbs.db files that are created by Windows for caching image thumbnails;
- *.suo and *.user files that are created by Visual Studio;
- All the build artifacts that are created by Visual Studio:
- Folders bin and obj;
- The application package files for the Windows Store.
- All the files created by ReSharper in a specific folder starting with “_ReSharper“.
Thus, this is how my .gitignore file usually looks like:
#Ignore thumbnails created by Windows Thumbs.db #Ignore files created by Visual Studio *.user *.suo *.sln.docstates [Oo]bj/ [Bb]in/ [Bb]ld/ [Aa]pp[Pp]ackages/ #Ignore files created by ReSharper _ReSharper*/